Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Call Type between Scripts

JMGolf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could assist.  I'm trying to route a CED entry to another programmed script and within that programmed script be able to bypass some greetings and options based on the CED entry made.

Example:

Script A - User presses option 4

Option 4 sends the user to Script B

Within Script B I would like to route calls from that "option 4" to a Run Ext Script that would bypass all greetings prior to this one.  So instead of hearing all the recorded messages, calls from "option 4 - Script A" would hear the final message.

I have tried using variables and a "if object" that don't seem to pass to Script B. 

Any help would be appreciated.    -Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone.  After rebuilding the statements the call is properly routing with the If statement.  Not sure why but it is working now.

Thank you again, much appreciated.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

You didn't mention if this was for CCE or CCX or something else, but if you're talking about UCCE Script Editor (since you mentioned Run Ext Script), the variables definitely carry over until they are overwritten.

So if you (for instance) wrote "Sales" in Variable 2 in Script A based on their option 4 selection and then sent the call to Script B and had an IF node looking in variable 2 and if it has content, don't play the regular menu and instead go right to queue, that definitely will work.

This is the way. Also, post a picture of your script where you're sending the call over. Like @bill.king1 make sure you have a set PV node before you transfer it. Use a go to node script for best results.

david

Thanks.  Yes sorry CCE.  

You ill see in the attached picture (Script Capture) I have a Set Variable programmed before going to script "AMRS_CLS_Records".  Attachment "Script Capture 2" is where I have an If statement.

I'm not using PeripheralVariable9 anywhere else in the second script.  

Sorry If statement for script B is written with 

Call.PeripheralVariable9=="Records_Choose_4"

That all looks correct. Did you test it?

david

Yes.  Still follows the X clause.  I'm going to try another built script with minimal programming.

Post another picture of the 2nd script.

david

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

In addition to what bill.king1 said, can you please provide more details about your setup? I will ask you some questions:

- How do you send the call from script A to script B, when user select option 4? Which node in the ICM script do you use for it? 
- Does your script B works with script A only, or it can be triggered from other Dialed Numbers too? If I understood you correctly, in script B you have several IVR messages, and you want to skip all of them, if the call comes from script A, right? 
- Do you use ICM Microapps or Studio Script in Run Ext Script node of the script B? 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

Hello Dmytro,

- How do you send the call from script A to script B, when user select option 4? Which node in the ICM script do you use for it? 

I'm using object Got To Script

- Does your script B works with script A only, or it can be triggered from other Dialed Numbers too? If I understood you correctly, in script B you have several IVR messages, and you want to skip all of them, if the call comes from script A, right? 

Script B is active and is being used by other dialed numbers.  Calls transferred to this script from script A need to hear the initial message, "This call may be recorded or monitored......"  Then it needs to skip the next message and go right to the PQ.

- Do you use ICM Microapps or Studio Script in Run Ext Script node of the script B? Studio Script 

As David already said, all looks fine in your script. But maybe you reassign Call.PV9 before this IF node? Don't you have any Set Variable Node related to Call.PV9 in your Script B?

Thanks everyone.  After rebuilding the statements the call is properly routing with the If statement.  Not sure why but it is working now.

Thank you again, much appreciated.