cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX call redirect

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

This situation drives me absolutely nuts.

Got a call from a customer.  Their UCCX server was throwing an error when the script tried to transfer to voicemail.  I cracked open the script, and saw the call redirect.  Debugged it, and sure enough, it was failing on redirect.  I have seen this problem repeatedly for YEARS but cannot understand why it happens.  The CSS's are all correct for the CTI RP and the CTI Ports, and the DNA shows it should work.  

I added a call consult transfer after it to the exact same number, and debugged the script again.  Once again, the call redirect fails.  Now the script drops through to the call consult transfer....and it WORKS. 

I have seen this situation over and over where a call redirect fails, but the call consult transfer will work.  I have never been able to get an answer as to why this happens.  Is there anyone out there who may be able to shed light on this problem?   

4 Replies 4

Are there any special characters like '+#*' in the transfer destination? I have had issues with that in CCX over the years.

Does resetting the script (app admin > scripts > reload) or restarting the server fix it?

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

No special characters, resetting/restarting makes no difference.  The bizarre part is that I have seen this over and over with different customers.  A call redirect that has worked for some time, just stops working....and I have to change it to a call consult transfer.  This is quite frustrating as I want the behavior that comes with a blind transfer.  

consult transfer confirms that it could be CSS issue. when consult transfer is used, I am guessing your CUCM is setup to use the CSS of the transferring device where the CSS is working. As for the blind transfer it is using the gateway CSS and my guess here is there is another overlapping CSS.

you can also create a dummy internal pattern (or a pattern in null partition, not recommended as a best practice) and do a call forward to voicemail in that dummy pattern. I completely understand that it a wacky way of implementing something simple but I make peace with a working setup

-Senthil