Views
Helpful
Replies

Uccx call variables

touma.kayal
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have a small question here, are call variables ,like get digits for example , stored somewhere at the UCCX database ?? Or they get wiped once the call ends ??

Regards,

5 Replies 5

dngvignesh
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah it will save in "ContactCallDetail" tables. 

The Unified CCX system creates a new record in the ContactCallDetail table for each call or call leg processed by the system. A new call leg starts each time that a call is transferred or redirected, except when a call is transferred from a Cisco CTI port to an agent.

A ContactCallDetail record contains detailed information about the call or leg. At least one such record will exist for each call.

Dear  dngvignesh,

thank you for your reply, but my concern is not to log any call variable entered by the client, is that feasible??

or is there any way to encrypt these variables??

Thank you 

Dears, 

To clarify further my concern:

Throughout my script i have a step called getdigits where the caller puts in a number of DTMF digits, then i store these digits in a call variable where i need to authenticate the caller based on these digits. i need to make sure that these digits and the call variable are not logged anywhere inside the UCCX database for security reasons. and in case they were logged, is there anyway to disable logging of this data.

Note: i am not using set enterprise call info step in my UCCX script, so these variables will remain temp variables during the call and will not get logged after the call ends.

Kind regards, 

I think the confusion is your use of the phrase "call variable"

Are these just simple String variables in the editor you are referring to, or are you using Custom Call Variables via the Set Enterprise Call Info step?

If the former, then they are stored in the logs only, if the latter, then they are stored in logs as well as the table contactcalldetail, like the previous person mentioned.

See my article on viewing script steps via the CLI for a look at how digits entered by the caller can be viewed in the logs.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/uccx-viewing-executed-script-steps-via-cli/ta-p/3162231

Thank you Anthony for the feedback. Actually these are just call variables during the call session and I don't wanna store them at any place even inside the logs. So how can I disable logging of these call variables knowing that I am not using the set Enterprise call info step so they are not going to be stored inside the contactcalldetail table. As a result, just wanna disable logging of these variables. Is that achievable?? Is do how can we stop these logs??