Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX outbound calls in Supervisor

Hello all!

Want to implement Outbound direct preview option in UCCX 10.5. Noticed that outbound contacts do not show up in outbound queue (CSQ) in Supervisor desktop.

Is it a normal behaviour that we can't see real queue (number of contacts) for outbound calls in CSD? Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I think so -  as these are calls that haven't already been dialled (they don't dial until the agent accepts) they aren't 'waiting' as such. They're seen as time fillers in between other types of interaction where callers are waiting.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One way you can see what is going on, though you need to be an administrator, is to look at the campaign within /appadmin. It will show you the number of contacts in a Pending state. Worth noting is that this does not include those in an Active state which includes those in the Contact Records Cache Size. This can be really deceiving at first, especially if it's a small campaign.

Short story: CCX has all the contacts in the database, grabs a number of rows (defined by the cache size), marks them Active and handles them in memory. Only when it has run through that list does it write values to the database and retrieve a new set of rows for the cache. Because these records aren't in a Pending Call Status they don't show up in the count unless you disable the campaign, forcing CCX to empty the cache and write everything to the DB. Be careful though as there are consequences of disabling/enabling a campaign.

Hello Jonathan.

At first I thought I can get the number of contacts via REST API. But after adding some contacts (i.e. 5 contacts) and enabling campaign REST API return 0 rows, and /appadmin shows 0 pending contacts.

Your explanation is very helpful, because Contact Records Cache Size parameter in campaign is a trick. Default value is 20 and as you said UCCX marks this cache as active. In this case we are unable to get Active(cached) contacts. I will try to set cache size to 1, it will allow to get pending contacts and more accurate queue size.

Also there's no way to get closed contacts of ob. campaign (except of using some ccdr report in cuic).

And I'm a little disappointed with the functionality of CSD for outbound campaigns.

Because it doesn't show:

- real queue for outbound

- how many agents talking in outbound queue

- total calls/handled calls for outbound queue

Yes, it is obvious that CAD/CSD live their last days until UCCX 11. Hope that Finesse bring more functionality over current CSD application.

Hello,

I've tested in Version 11, but the issue is the same.

I'm setting the Cache to 1 as well,

Rui