Views
Helpful
Replies

CMX 10.3 XML Format

ericn84
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Trying to migrate to the CMX 10.3 as we need AeroScout tag data and have run into a bug with 8.x where I am losing random tag data for hours at a time. We went to convert our integration tool to the 10.3 instance but found the REST API in 10.3 is not accepting the application/xml format. Was XML droped in CMX 10.3 REST API's? Hoping the answer is no because otherwise we need to rewrite our integration application.

5 Replies 5

matfarre
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Eric,

Both JSON and XML is supported in CMX 10.3 REST API, just need to specify Accept application/xml in the header of the call.

Matt

I did try adding that and I get a 406 Not Acceptable when I do application/xml. If I change it to application/json, it works without any errors.

CMX.jpg

Hi Eric,

Maybe only Streaming notification JSON/XML are support.  I see in the release notes for CMX 10.1 under Standards Based REST API the following,  "Input and output of API uses the standard JSON format."  That would indicate only JSON.

I apologize for not knowing this for sure, and will reach out the the CMX BU folks for verification. 

Matt

Eric,

Got a reply - Both are supported, but we see 95%+ of developers using JSON.

Let me see what we are doing wrong.  I will follow-up soon.

Matt

Eric, 

Have you had any luck with getting XML responses from the latest API?  At this point I think we should open a bug ticket against the API, getting error while using  Accept: application/xml header.

Let me know,

Matt