cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

Hi All, I am new in ACI, i was just checking whether we can check teachablety  between end point to end point through ping, i know we can check it using destination IP & through source gateway IP, but how can we ping from end point to end point IP.

Thank for your help in advance.

Regards

Deepak

Answer

Comments
ruppalur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

you can check the reachability between two nodes thru Visibility and Troubleshooting option under operations GUI

1. login to ACI
2. Go to Operations tab
3. select visibility and Troubleshooting
4. provide the information
- Session name: {give_a_name}
- Session type:
- Choose - Endpoint to Endpoint - if Both source and destination is on Fabric
- Choose - Endpoint to External - if Source is in ACI and destination is on external(non ACI)
- Choose - External to Endpoint - if Source is in external(non ACI) and destination is on ACI
- Choose - External to External - if Source and destination is in External network and ACI is being used as Transit(I never used this option)
5. Provide the source and destination as per the above choice
- if you selection Endpoint either source or destination - they you got to choose from the drop down after entering the MAC/IP/VM name
- provide the ip address for the external IP of your choice

6. Time Window - you can leave it default
7. Generate Report
8. then you get to see the lot of information no of packets sent/recieved/faults in the path/Drops/Traceroute information/Atomic counter is another important feature will give you more granularity into the numbers on the fabric.

you can also use iping on the leaf with below command, but you should know which vrf the source belongs to.

iping -V tenant_name:vrf_name <ipadd> -S <s-ipaddress>

Regards
Ram U

Thanks Ram for your time and help, 

I tried given command through CLI, I am able to ping from BD gateway to destinations ip but not from EP IP.

Any suggestions or documents on this?

Regards Deepak

Ali Aghababaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi deepak21bhandari,

* First of all you need Contract to open ICMP messages if your endpoints are in different EPG's.

* You can use iping command as below guide:

iping.jpg

I hope it will be useful for you,

Thanks,

Ali

Tapan saha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ali,

I also tried to ping end point IP under same epg and from leaf but unable to do so as getting below error.

iping -V SGP-DC_LAN:SGP_BASZ-VRF 10.164.26.12 -S 10.164.26.98

% Invalid source address
ping: % 10.164.26.98 is an invalid Source. Use IP or full interface name without spaces (e.g. Ethernet1/1)

Please suggest.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: