cancel

Developer Sustainability Week Events

Build for Better Code Challenge

Cisco U. Spotlight Registration

>> View previously featured conversations <<

dgrinceac
Level 1
Level 1

I observed a couple of things about this lab which I think might be improved. 

1) After provisioning of the sandbox leaf switches were not reachable. I assumed this is done by purpose for people to play with LAN automation part. If that's correct then having a small tutorial which mentions this would really help.

2) ISE is not integrated into DNAC. Moreover SSH credentials which are required for ISE onboarding into DNAC are not provided. So basically from 5 devices we can only work with 2. Would be good to either have ISE already integrated or keep to possibility to do it on our own. 

3) There is a button to redeploy a vm from image (developer box). It is also possible to restart ISE server. Would be great if we can have some sort of reset or redeploy option for the HW switches or lab overall. The use case for this is when someone messed up the lab (like I just did unintentionally) they could have an option to reset it.

Thanks a lot for giving us opportunity to play with the new technologies. 

1 Comment
dgrinceac
Level 1
Level 1

I left my comment one month ago but don't see anyone pick it up. 

The lab still doesn't have ISE integration with DNAC. It is not possible to integrate them on our own because SSH credentials for ISE are not provided.  Without ISE we can't play with fabric provisioning and SGT creation. CTS policies will not be properly distributed.

I also discovered undocumented switches in the lab.

So what's the point to provide HW lab if we can't integrate all components together as they should be to mimic working solution? 

I would be glad to contribute to the lab development if anyone from cisco give me this opportunity. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recently Completed Ideas