cancel
Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

Problems with RMI + RP

nstr1
Level 1
Level 1

I have two C9800-L-F-K9 (in HA, that is in RMI + RP)
Version 17.09.03

The day the RMI + RP was configured, failover tests were carried out. We even used the "redundancy force-switchover" command and the failover was carried out without any problem.

Today an event happened with these WLCs, the WiFi service went down and the fail over was never carried out, the service picked up until the RP cable was disconnected from the WLCs.

Once the wifi service was up, the RP cable was reconnected.

Connection diagram.

nstr1_1-1710314973785.png

Switch port configuration

I consider it convenient to configure the switch ports with "spanning-tree ports trunk"

nstr1_0-1710314864219.png

WLC port configuration

nstr1_2-1710315117615.png

RMI + RP configuration

nstr1_3-1710315225290.png

Any idea why the redundancy didn't work??

5 RESPUESTAS 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

chasis renumber 2 (is this after failover ?)

Try upgrading to 17.9.4a or 17.9.5 or above and check.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandi , 

Now the chasis 1 is the standby and the chasis 2 is the active.

I haven't tried updating the WLC yet but I will do so in the next few days.

Make sure you manually failover back orginal condition and suggest to upgrade

as always take the backup configuration out of the box - give enough time for upgrade. in the maintenance window.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi @nstr1 

I will suggest if you hace opportunity to test it again do it and collect logs and shows about HA processes, because you're using RMI first test disconnecting the LAN port on you primary unit. Be sure that SSO is enable and working. Try to identify what happened in a passed event, can be difficult, but you ca try know and check all the information relative too

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

nstr1
Level 1
Level 1

I carried out best practice on my WLC, part of which was configuring the switch ports where the WLC is connected, with the spanning-tree portfast edge trunk command.

Days later I did redundancy tests (with different scenarios) and the redundancy was carried out without any problem.

I really don't know what happened when the redundancy didn't work but now everything seems fine.

thank you all for your suggestions