cancel
Visites
Compliment
Réponses

See live DHCP packets on a 9300?

akosomba
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, For the debug, I am looking for a way (or ways) to see, live (log), the DHCP packets on a VLAN. The switch does not do DHCP server. The DHCP server is external. I don't want to capture packets and analyze them with wireshark. Thanks

3 RÉPONSES 3

This can help you 

debug ip dhcp server packet <<- this for local server but check if it can detect dhcp packet for external 

Verify Router Receives and Forwards DHCP Request with debug ip dhcp server packet Command

If the router Cisco IOS is 12.0.x.T or 12.1 and supports the Cisco IOS DHCP server functionality, you can use the debug ip dhcp server packet command. This debug was intended for use with the IOS DHCP server feature and to troubleshoot the DHCP/BootP Relay Agent feature as well. As with the previous steps, router debugs do not provide an exact determination of the problem since the actual packet cannot be viewed. However, debugs do allow inferences to be made with regards to DHCP processing.

Hi

I dont believe is possible with cisco switch,  but 9300 allows for docker container install and Wireshark is on of them.  It is not packet capture.

Take a look here if you see any potencial on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9iXvXrWZgE