Views
Helpful
Replies

[IOT FND] Notifications on events ?

ypanier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've read the documentation but found no information regarding a notification system who let the user to configure notifications based on particular events on the IOT WebUI side.

The purpose is to be able to send notification to some users (who don't have access to iot fnd) when an equipment has finished its "bootstrap" / "register" sequence.

The only "clean" way I see for now, is to watch the events stream for particular events (not sure it is really doable) but require to develop/maintain another script/system, is cumbersome, and could miss some notifications if there is problem on the client side.

Additionally, I don't see the eventtype "boostrap" success / failure in :
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/connectedgrid/iot_fnd/api_guide/3_0/b_IoT-FND_NB_API/b_IoT-FND_NB_API_chapter_0110.html

Not directly related, but I'm a bit surprised to not find any information regarding a REST API when it seems there is one used in the WebUI (/resource/rest/events/get_event_list.json for example).

Why those entrypoints are not documented ?

Regards,

1 Reply 1

maiyub
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi.
In the UI, the only option to configure external notification is to forward all events to a syslog server. Its under Admin > Syslog settings.
To subscribe for events for either specific devices or device types or Event types, you would need to use the NBI (SOAPAPI) and the guide you referenced shows how to do that. 'Bootstrapping' and 'Bootstrapped' are new Events that you can also subscribe to - NBAPI doc may need updating. RESTAPI is not exposed currently.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: