cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7906G phone - not recieving IP address

CSCO12593384
Level 1
Level 1

Customer has CallManager v5 with 7906 phones. We installed CUCM v11 and I tried to register one phone to upgrade firmware, however it stuck on upgrading. It didn't display that it recieved TFTP information or anything. Then I did a hard reset (boot, hold #, 3491672850*#)

I tried several scenarios for DHCP and TFTP servers. CUCM server as a DHCP and TFTP server, Mikrotik router as DHCP server and my laptop as TFTP, my laptop as DHCP and TFTP. In all the scenarios, the phone is repeatedly sending DHCP requests and doesn't get the IP. My laptop properly recieves the address when I use CUCM and router as a DHCP. When I try to sniff traffic with WireShark I can see phone sending DHCP broadcast requests and then after some time it sends the broadcast DHCP server not found, trying again(or something similar). When I use my Mikrotik router as a DHCP server I can see IP phone requesting the address and router responding with offer, but the phone doesn't wan't to accept it.

Any advice?

PS: I can't see any TFTP requests on my laptop on Tftpd32.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  Is the phone in the correct VLAN? 

2.  Is DHCP Option 150 enabled?

It is a fresh installation of CUCM so they should all be in default VLAN and DHCP option 150 is configured to point to my laptop. However, the problem is that the phone doesn't even get IP address and doesn't send any TFTP requests.

doesn't send any TFTP requests.

TFTP request(s) ain't going to happen if the phone can't obtain a valid IP address. 

the phone doesn't even get IP address

How about other phones using the same port?

I understand that it won't send TFTP reqs without IP address.

Other phones are downloading firmware from TFTP server on my laptop without problems.

Any thoughts guys?

Having exactly the same issue.

Cisco 7911 will not receive a IP address from Mikrotik RouterOS.

Sends request ok, Mikrotik responds with offer. Cisco IP Phone doesnt accept.

Did you end up finding the solution?