cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternating ring

Vandaliamorgan
Level 1
Level 1

Our old work phones would take turns around the room. I don't think it was called hunt group, but once logged in to your group/extension...it would go around the room on whose turn it was to answer. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are different distribution methods that you can choose for your hunt group. What you want is circular and what you have is broadcast from the sound of what you describe. This is described in step 1 in the document I shared the link to.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

That would be a hunt group. Setup a hunt pilot with the common number, then a hunt list and then a line group where you define the directory numbers that should be part of the hunt group. For set by step instructions see this link. https://www.learncisco.net/courses/icomm-ccna-voice/configuring-mobility-features/hunt-group.html

Response Signature

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. We have the hunt group, but each phone rings each time. Our old phones would "go around the room". If I answered the last call, the next call would not ring on my line, it would go to the person next in the "rotation". Thanks Again!

There are different distribution methods that you can choose for your hunt group. What you want is circular and what you have is broadcast from the sound of what you describe. This is described in step 1 in the document I shared the link to.

Response Signature

Thank you so much! Very much appreciated!!

Best Regards,

Craig