Views
Helpful
Replies

Avaya K175 as 3rd party SIP issues

shaabneh33
Level 1
Level 1

Dears.

I Have Avaya K175 configured as SIP on Cisco Call Manager.

the phone keeps disconnecting every 2- 3 minutes.

I can make calls from Avaya phone to Cisco phones. but Avaya is not receiving from Cisco " gives busy tone".

I checked Cisco & Avaya logs (attached).

found that Avaya phone sends 2 register requests, on Avaya logs showed that Avaya trying to register many times and it got different responses from Cisco Call Manager.

I also attached 46xxsettings for Avaya if I missed to add something, or do I need to add some configuration in SIP profile.

thanks  

2 Replies 2

It appears that the phone is not registered with CUCM, which could be the reason for the busy tone. Additionally, I noticed 503 and 401 unauthorized errors in the Avaya logs. Have you completed the necessary configurations for the third-party phone on CUCM? Here are the mandatory configurations you need to complete for third-party phones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8amr4rZNvjg

Also, could you specify the type of third-party phone you tried? Was it standard or advanced? It should be advanced, as I understand this is a video phone."

Response Signature

This video made by Prerna Bagga demonstrates the procedure to register a third party phone with the call manager. Prerna Bagga is a customer support engineer in Cisco TAC team for Unified Communications technology based in Bangalore. Her areas of expertise include Cisco Unified Communications ...

Hi Nithin;

thanks for your reply.

I added all the necessary configuration ON CUCM.

SIP profile type: SIP Profile advanced.

note: phone status on CUCM is "registered", but problem that the device keeps disconnecting every 2 -3 minutes with message on Avaya "SIP login failure", then back normal, + I can't receive calls from Cisco Phones (busy tone).