Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8851 Enterprise to MPP equivalent configuration

ac-ahache
Level 1
Level 1

Hello !

I've recently setup a few 8811 and 8851 in our client office with an Asterisk-based stack but could not find a few settings asked by end-users.

The biggest problem come from simultaneous call not ringing. If someone has a second call while already on line, the second call will not make any sound, resulting in a few lost call.
It seems that it can be changed for Entreprise Software with the Ring Setting (Phone Idle/ Phone Active) but I can't the equivalent for the 3PCC/MPP firmware.

I've also been asked about the max simultaneous calls for the 8851. 
Our Asterisk-based software is configured to have up to 5 concurrent call on the same phone, but only two can be received on the phone before being ignored. Is it a software limitation or a configuration error on our end ?

Thank you all for your help !

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That sounds like a Ring Group.

Hi and thanks for your quick answer !

Ring Groups are already configured. The current configuration look like that :

IVR > 4 different choices > 4 Ring Groups linked to previous choice

One of the ring group is configured to ring each end-user a specific amount of time in a specific order.
The first and second call is correctly routed to the good user, but when comes the third one, it skips the first user and directly goes to the second one.

Try something easy:  In Ring Strategy, use "ringall" and list all the extension numbers in the Extension List box.

I've already tried with a "ringall" setting and outside a ring group with a DID, but the third call just never came.

Try a different handset, preferably a non-Cisco variety.  What happens after that?

Sorry for the delay.

Unfortunatly, i don't have any other handset that I can use, we only sell Cisco phone
Is there a documentation I could check to see 3PCC/MPP software limitation ?

Thanks again !

ac-ahache
Level 1
Level 1

bump ?

Does this help? The list of topics seems to address at least some of your questions.

Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series Multiplatform Phones User Guide 

I hope this is helpful.

Maren