Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco unity connection fax to email

zeuscyril
Level 4
Level 4

hi all,

i have cisco unity connection 9.0  , i want to configure incoming fax to email in cisco unity  connection 9.0

i have PRI line and configuring seperate fax lines for the users so i wan to forward the fax to their respective email.

thnaks

cyril

7 Replies 7

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As far as I know , you would require third party software like Right FAX server for your requirement.You can refer to

System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection which gives detail of how to integrate Unity Connection with FAX server.

Also, u can speak directly to Right FAX  for solution.

regds,

aman

is there any way to save a fax in the mailbox and forward to email?

Hi ,

I have no idea of how to achieve this .

regds,

aman

Yes, there is a way to achieve this. But you have to configure a Smart Host on the Exchange side.

Add the IP of Exchange server as a Smart host on Unity. On the user page you can configure it to relay fax messages to user's email address.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/gui_reference/guide/8xcucgrg030.html#wp1051717

I hope this answers your query.

Hi Devashish,

Thanks a lot for resolving long time pending query.

regds,

aman

You will still require Fax Right or a 3rd party Fax server for incoming fax messages. Unity can act as a route point to relay them to Exchange (email).

Just wanted to throw out another option, especially if you're trying to do this on the cheap.  On your PRI gateway you can utilize the Cisco fax onramp TCL script, point it to a linux server running postfix or sendmail or another mail server (since all you're talking about is basically a mail relay at this point), which relays the email to the appropriate user's corporate email address.  Once it's setup, which is pretty painless, all that you have to do on an ongoing basis is update the mail relay settings (basically associating 1234@mailrelay to abcd@company.com.  I don't know about you guys, but Microsoft server configs are greek to me.  This setup just plain makes sense in it's simplicity.