cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 7.0 Adding prefix to Missed, received, placed calls in directories tab

SCOTT JORDAN
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a way to add the prefix 9 and 9 1 for missed, received, placed calls under the directories tab. Depending if call needs to be long distance.

I still want the incoming call to appear as 10 digits.

I have read through and tried this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

The problem I have with this link is now incoming calls show up on the display with 91 then 10 digits. Is there a way around this? Only want 91 to show in the missed, received, placed calls under the directories tab.

I thought with CM 7 you should be able to do some sort of localizing the calling party. Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

The appearance of digits in the "Placed Calls", "Missed Calls" and Received Calls" directory is influenced by where digits are manipulated by the CallManager and/or the gateway. If digits are stripped by the Route Pattern, they will not appear in the directory. If digits are stripped by a Route List or by the gateway itself, they will appear in the directory.

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

That is most certainly possible. However, to achieve this, you might have to play around with partitons, CSS and transformation patterns.

So let me spell out the most simple scenario,

You have MGCP gateway with T1-PRI to PSTN. For incoming calls, the calling party number delivered to you by PSTN is 10 digits. What you need to do is in the MGCP gateway config page, put 91 as calling party prefix for all the 4 call types. This will make any incoming call from this particular gateway to have a calling party number as 91+ 10 digits.

I realize that you want the number to be displayed like this only in your missed call or received call list only and not on the screen of the phone. If that is so, you will need to configure calling party transformation pattern. What this will do is for an incoming call, the number displayed on the phone's screen will depend on the calling party transformation pattern if the pattern matches. And the number in the missed call, received call list will be prefixed with what you have configured on the gateway config page.

I know this is a bit confusing and it took me a while to understand this. Please refer to this link to get a general idea of what I am talking about.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fscallpn.html

Also, if you wish you can give me some details like, what type of gateway you have, you have T1-PRI or a SIP trunk for PSTN, if T1-PRI, does your Telco provide number type/plan info?

This info will help me give you a better answer.

Thanks,