Views
Helpful
Replies

Grandstream HT812 FXS port to FXO Cisco Voice Gateway Issues

heshamcentrino1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Members,

I have a Vodafone UK Landline; I was able to successfully configure it on Grand Stream HT812. When I use an analogue phone, everything works perfectly. Inbound & Outbound calling works, and also the caller ID is working perfectly. Now, When I connect the FXS Line from Grandstream to Cisco as an FXO Trunk, I get the following 2 issues:-

1- When I receive an inbound call , I don't get a caller ID
2- When I receive an inbound call , the phone keeps ringing infinity and doesn't terminae
For your information, The same setup works perfectly with Polycom OBIHAI 302, which is the same setup as Grandstream it converts VOIP Google Voice into FXS, and I connect that FXS into the FXO port in Cisco

My call flow is as follows Grandstream HT812 FXS port ---> Cisco VIC2-4FXO ---> H323 Gateway ----> H323 Trunk CUCM V14.0

Here you are my configuration

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /^9/ //

!
voice-port 0/0/0
supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
output attenuation -3
echo-cancel coverage 32
no comfort-noise
cptone GB
timeouts call-disconnect 5
timeouts wait-release 5
timing sup-disconnect 80
connection plar 1002
impedance complex2
bearer-cap Speech
caller-id enable

dial-peer voice 1 pots
description ** FXO pots dial-peer **
destination-pattern 9[0][1-9].........$
progress_ind setup enable 3
progress_ind alert enable 8
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
port 0/0/0
forward-digits 11

5 Replies 5

1- When I receive an inbound call , I don't get a caller ID, You need to identify the ring on which the caller-ID ISP is presented on the line. Based on this, you should adjust the RING number on the port.
2- When I receive an inbound call , the phone keeps ringing infinity and doesn't terminae.

This is a Known issue.

If the standard tones are not available for your region, you’ll need to set up the Customer Call Progress (CP) tone for the disconnect function to work correctly. I noticed that the CPtone GB is set on FXO. Are you in Britain? If that doesn’t work, you may need to adjust your settings.

There are many discussions on the Cisco community about disconnect issues with the Foreign Exchange Office (FXO). In the past, when a CP tone wasn’t available for our region, we would place a call from a mobile phone to record the disconnect tone, determine the frequency and cadence value, and then create a custom CP tone. It’s been some time since I last worked with FXO.

Response Signature

@Nithin Eluvathingal Thank you very much for your quick response.

Yes , I am based in the UK. First, how can I adjust the ring number on the port? what is the command to do that?
The grandstream is based on VOIP anyway so I guess the CPTone or cadence would be irrelevant. I am not using a legacy analogue line but rather a VOIP line configured on Grandstream that is converted to FXS.

Cheers

@Nithin Eluvathingal I was able to change the ring number I have tried from 1 to 5 but its the same :'( I still get unknow caller-id despite I am getting it normally on an analogue phone 

Are you utilizing MGCP or H323 for the gateway? Please note that there is a limitation for caller-ID on the MGCP FXO port.

Response Signature

@Nithin Eluvathingal I am using H323 Trunk. Everything works perfectly with my POLYCOM OBIHAI 200 without issues. I have google voice attached to FXS1 for OBIHAI and ANVEO VOIP attached to FXS2 and both connected to the CIsco FXO without issues everything works but I have an issue with Grandstream HT812 ;'(