cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with 7965G for SIP standalone

astro4000
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently using Grandstream HT802 for 2 SIP (3rd party) phone lines. Will the account info that I currently use work with this firmware for the 7965g? I do not want to use asterisk if possible also. Also not sure what to do with pumpkin... no info what to do, I have loaded it but...?
I just want the 7965 to connect to switch or router direct without any interface such as asterisk.
I want to be able to program the SIP settings I currently use in my HT802 to the 7965.

Question is how to program the 7965?

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Start by searching in this forum for "SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml" and Asterisk.  

I am lost on what to do. I searched, found but doesn't tell me. I do not want to use asterisk either. I have pumpkin but what to do with it. I see sip on this set but no access to make changes. I am familiar with grandstream programming HT802, but wish to set up the 7965 on its own so I can plug into my network or other home network. To be self contained so to speak.

To get this to work, you will need the following: 

1. A known working SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml template.  I have a known working SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml for a 9971 (LINK) and it will have no problem working with a 7961.
  2. TFTPd64
  3. DHCP Option 150
  4. Dial plan
  5. Phone firmware

I have saved those files. THe 7965 setup appears to be "Locked" so no manual entries possible. I believe I need pumpKIN to connect to the phone. At the moment, I have the phone powered up by a PEO switch which is connected to my main sw and router.

I see the IP is 192.168.1.83 and subnet & gateway is correct showing on the screen in setup. Thats as far as I get.
I see Unified CM as one choice showing LAN IP and other choice is SIP but no lines indicating a sip registration url, id and pswd,
Thats all I got so far, Oh and pumpKIN running on a laptop to my network wireless.

POE  (spelling)

Currently screen shows Unprovisioned.  I managed to unlock the settings but that is not really programmable.