Helpful
Replies

how to forward external calls to VM but not internal

D12-
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, 

I would like all external calls to go to VM after hearing

("If you know your party's extension, please dial it now." or by searching the directory)

so they do not disrupt what is going on during work hours. But after 3pm they can directly call the extension  

I would still want all internal calls to be able to call the phone

where could i find a solution? 

i have tried:

-"FWD all" but that wouldn't work

-"Transfer Rules" in Unity

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Configure the Transfer Rules on a user’s mailbox in Unity Connection to send calls to greeting during standard/open hours (per the schedule for that mailbox) and transfer to the extension during closed hours.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Configure the Transfer Rules on a user’s mailbox in Unity Connection to send calls to greeting during standard/open hours (per the schedule for that mailbox) and transfer to the extension during closed hours.

Based on what you wrote, I don't see how this differentiates between internal and external callers. Am I missing something in your proposed solution?

Hey Anthony, 

what i meant was when outside parents, businesses, etc... call the users DN it should go straight to voicemail during 8am-3pm

For the internal the calls should ring the phone during those hours in case other staff need to get a hold of them

Hey Jonathan thanks for saving the day!