Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upgrade Call Manager from 4.3 to 9.00

cmiranda23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i am lost here

A company already have Cisco Call Manager running on a MCS-7816-H3-IPC1, Celeron D352 @ 3.2 GHz, 2GB SDRAM , HD de 160GB. with 180 ext. the call manager is 4.3(1)sr1a, with windows 2003 Standard edition SP1.

Now my question is, if they want to upgrade to the latest version 8.6 or 9.00 and already expressed no problem using a new MCS (7825 most likely), how do i go about with the licensing, can i use the same one, do i need new licenses ?

They are using right now only analog lines and will be upgrading to a E1, and a few analog lines for backup and faxes, so the new hardware is pretty much a stratightforward process, once again my problem is with the licensing

Any ideas or a checklist to follow will be welcomed, or pointers on how to design a upgrade process will also be welcomed

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSC says you're a partner, so you should be able to access the Drive to 9 information here:

https://communities.cisco.com/community/partner/collaboration/migration?view=overview

There's an ask the expert on D29 as well, you can also ask there if you have further questions after reviewing the material.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Jaime, i will check there to see what i can find out