Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone with Jabber and CUCM Problem

awabalhassan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have this problem with Apple iPhone in my company, when the mobile screen is turned on or jabber is open the status of it in CUCM appears as ( Registered to x.x.x.x ) but when closing Jabber or turned off the mobile screen the status changes to                 ( unregistered ) and i can't received calls from co-workers. the problem is exclusive to iPhone because all other OS are working properly.

so what could be the problem????

6 Replies 6

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Enable Apple Push Notification Service.

I tried but i didn't figure out how so, How to enable it ???????

Follow the Guide @b.winter shared for enabling push notification. Once enabled, your issue will be solved. 

Response Signature

I tried but I didn't figure out how so, How to enable it ???????

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Also be aware of Field Notice: FN - 70555 - Legacy VoIP Mode and iOS 13 Apple Push Notification Service Changes That Affect Cisco Jabber, Cisco Webex Teams, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and IM & Presence Service, and Cisco Expressway - Software Upgrade Recomm... 

Once you have push notifications working you should also enable CUCM/CUC/Expressway OAuth and CUCM SIP OAuth Auth Mode.

PS- I suggest you start planning a migration from Jabber to the Webex app; that’s where Cisco’s R&D focus is these days. Jabber cannot be EoL since it’s required in air gapped environments, so you won’t be able to use that as the compelling event.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: