cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a limit to the number of BACDs supported in CME?

bascheew
Level 1
Level 1

One of our customers needs about 20 BACD queues for CME running on a 3825.  Is there a limit to how many can be setup?  If so, is it determined by the router similar to how many ephones supported depends on the hardware?  I have searched and can't find the answer.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

These may be the numbers you are looking for;

A maximum of ten hunt groups can be used with a B-ACD call-queue service.

Cisco CME 3.2.1 and later versions support the  creation of multiple AA services that feed into a single call-queue  service that manages up to ten ephone hunt groups (individual call  queues). Each of the AAs can be set up to use different options or to  reach different hunt groups, and AAs can also share hunt groups. For  instance, you can have three AAs that each use three hunt groups, or you  can have five AAs that share some of the ten hunt groups, or ten AAs  that each use one hunt group. This flexibility allows companies to  create different automatic-attendant treatment for different classes of  callers.

From

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40bacd.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free" - Tom Petty

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

These may be the numbers you are looking for;

A maximum of ten hunt groups can be used with a B-ACD call-queue service.

Cisco CME 3.2.1 and later versions support the  creation of multiple AA services that feed into a single call-queue  service that manages up to ten ephone hunt groups (individual call  queues). Each of the AAs can be set up to use different options or to  reach different hunt groups, and AAs can also share hunt groups. For  instance, you can have three AAs that each use three hunt groups, or you  can have five AAs that share some of the ten hunt groups, or ten AAs  that each use one hunt group. This flexibility allows companies to  create different automatic-attendant treatment for different classes of  callers.

From

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40bacd.html

Cheers!

Rob

Yes I saw that document and the language is certainly confusing.  So the limit then is not the number of queues, but rather the collective number of hunt-groups that can be referenced from the queues.  Am I reading this correctly?

I was certainly hoping that the bigger the router the more would be supported, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

Hi there,

Yes, you are reading it correctly

Cheers!

Rob