Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 14.2 with CUCM 14 SU3: delay in audio transmission

Daniel Stabel
Beginner
Beginner

Dear Community, 

we are using Jabber in our on premises environment with CUCM 14 SU3 and are recognizing a delay in audio transmisson with Jabber for Windows version 14.2.
This is recognizable in the way, that using Jabber version 14.2 I do hear the audio of the other person with who I am calling with a delay. 
Using older Jabber versions or Webex App (UCM Calling) we do not have this issue. 

It is reproduceable f.e. by doing a call between my mobile and my Jabber: mobile on the right ear and headset (Jabber) on the left ear and talking into both microphones at the same time. 
Using Jabber 14.2 I first hear myself in the mobile speaker and with delay in the headset (Jabber) speaker. Doing the same with older Jabber versions or WebexApp (UCM Calling), I hear myself in the both speakers (mobile and headset) nearly at the same time.
(The same does happen using a IP Phone registered to CUCM instead of mobile phone.)

Does anybody else have the same issue with Jabber version 14.2?

Best regards,
Daniel

5 Replies 5

Daniel Stabel
Beginner
Beginner

Dear Community,

does nobody else use Jabber for Windows version 14.2 or does nobody else have the issue with it?

Best regards,
Daniel

I have a a mix of CUCM 14 versions/clusters and couple hundred Jabber for Android 14.2, no reported issues so far.  You didn't clarify which platform ie Apple/Android/Windows etc.

thanks for your response!

Sorry, I edited my post: We have the issue using Jabber for Windows.

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try to disable Video Calling Capabilities from Jabber device page and see the result.

IMG_7140.png

Pls rate if it’s Helpful. 

Daniel Stabel
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks for your idea, but the delay persists.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: