Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing status ISR 2900 CUBE

Hello,

we are stilll using a isr2900 router as a SBC.

Currently it uses the securityk9 license and a uck9-cme-srst-cube license as smart licensing.

The logging output tells me that the evalution period already expired.

I know the product is EOL/EOS but since other ISRs have the throughput throttle i am corious if something similiar is happening to the 2900.

Since we have video/data traffic is would be tragic if the throughput would be less than 10mbit/s.

Can someone explan if some type of  limitation is happening on the device ?

sh license all
Smart Licensing Status
======================

Smart Licensing is ENABLED
License Reservation is ENABLED

Export-Controlled Functionality: Not Allowed
Reservation process started on: Dec 02 11:53:21 2021 MEST

License Authorization:

License Usage
==============

(ISR_2900_FS_ENT):
Description:
Count: 1
Version: 1.0

(ISR_2900_ADUC_ENT):
Description:
Count: 1
Version: 1.0

Product Information
===================
UDI: PID:CISCO2901/K9,SN:XXXXXXXX

Agent Version
=============
Smart Agent for Licensing: 1.6.17_rel/141
Component Versions: SA:(1_6_rel)4.4.10, SI:(rel22)1.5.10, CH:(rel4)2.0.1, PK:(rel18_1)1.0.6

show logging

002627: Apr 15 14:20:34.156 MEST: %SMART_LIC-3-EVAL_EXPIRED_WARNING: Evaluation period expired on Nov

Suite License Information for Module:'c2900'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suite Suite Current Type Suite Next reboot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FoundationSuiteK9 FoundationSuiteK9 Smart License FoundationSuiteK9
securityk9
datak9

AdvUCSuiteK9 AdvUCSuiteK9 Smart License AdvUCSuiteK9
uck9
cme-srst
cube

Technology Package License Information for Module:'c2900'

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technology Technology-package Technology-package
Current Type Next reboot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipbase None None None
security None None None
uc None None None
data None None None

5 Replies 5

What do you mean by "other ISRs have the throughput throttle"? AFAIK there is no throttle on throughput for other newer ISR when the device have lost the connectivity with SSM system or is in a state where it hasn't got an acknowledgment from it. There where a time where the SIP service would be deactivated if this happens, but with current recommended IOS versions this is no longer the case.

Response Signature

Hello Roger, thank you for your reply.

By throughput throttle i mean if the device is no longer licensed the ISR run in to evalution and sets a limit of the throughput.

I know that the device didnt received a ack from SSM system. But the status of the licenses are "eval expired".

I saw this on isr4331 in the loggs. The logging told me it went down to 1mbit/s.

So now i am wondering if something similiar is happening with the isr 2900 since its telling me the evalution time expired. Unfortunately the loggs or show outputs wont tell me anything related to throughput limitations.

Maybe i am getting something wrong here because of registration status and licensing status.

Thank you very much.

I’ve never seen what you state in any of our 130+ 4K ISR that we use as voice gateways and initially when we got them to use Smart Licensing we had all sorts of issues with them loosing their connection with the SSM system or not getting an ACK from the SSM. What version of IOS do you use in your 4K ISRs? On your question, I don’t think that the ISR2 would have any throttle. If it did you’d likely would have noticed by now as the evaluation expired in November 1 2022 based on your output.

Response Signature

Hello Roger, 

im sorry i saw the throttle behaviour to 1mbit/s on our vCube (csr1000v), because it used insufficient cube license. Not on ISR 4331.

Our ISR 2901 is using two licenses, securityk9 and cube but isnt registered to cssm or satelite.

Since these two licenses are installed there is no insufficient licensing just no ack from cssm or satelite.

As you mentioned there will be no throttle due to the installed licenses.

Do you know if i can register the ISR 2901 with our smart account ?

We are also using satelite but the device is not allowed to reach it in our infrastructure.

Thank you very much.

I don’t have any first hand knowledge of using SL on ISR2 as we never took the step to use that on this platform. Mostly because it was not a mandate.

Response Signature