Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-CUE is not registering

Inderpal Oberoi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Team,

I am facing issues while setting up NM-CUE , please see the attached notepad file for the command outputs:

Please let me know if there is any suggestion...

Regards

Inderpsi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Looks to me as if this is a hardware failure.Has this been working? I only ask as its an old CUE module.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Looks to me as if this is a hardware failure.Has this been working? I only ask as its an old CUE module.

yeah.. it is an old one. Tried to test it for the first time. Tried this NM on 2 different routers of same model , but still it does not come up..

Always see the Failed message instead of steady state....

Any thing ,else I could try to verify the hardware issue...

Thanks

Did you login to CUE session from the router using the command 'service-module service-Engine 1/0 session'. Try this and share the output of from the CUE, i.e. what status it is stuck in. It seems that CUE is missing the OS as the error saying that CUE is in bootloader.

Please confirm that then I can guide how to proceed.

Yes, Mohammed you are correct there is no OS.  I was trying to install one , but i am facing connectivity issue.

Using session command, i can log into CUE but when we use boot helper  it will asks for TFTP server which cannot be reached because of service engine status Failed instead of Steady State.

In this case you need to check the connectivity between cue and ftp server. Also, make sure that you got the right files  in the right directory. 

There is nothing wrong in the cue

Not able ping the cue interface ip address from router even though I have a static route. Please see the output attached in my first post.

service-module service engine 1/0 status  shows module failed instead of steady state. since i am not able ping cue interface , then cue won't be able to reach tftp.