Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI EI CARD

Learnercisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi champs,

i am trying the add the NIM-2MFT-T1/E1 card in the CUCM (12.5) and the CARD is installed in 4451X. I configured SIP Trunk between CUCM and VG4451. i can only add the FXO/FXS Card in the CUCM which is showing in the Module 0

is there any configuration required on the VG4451 to add this card in the CUCM. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Issues with no or one way audio is about 100% related to network issues. I see that you have or at least had specific IP routing statements in your configuration. Add a default route instead and remove these and then test if you have connectivity between your gateway and the phone that is receiving the call.

Not sure if I understand what your comment about the numbers are about. Would you please mind to elaborate?

Response Signature

View solution in original post

25 Replies 25

You don’t add the card in CM when there is a SIP connection with the gateway. The card and the port is controlled by the router and you reference it with normal dial peer configuration. See this document for details on this and how call routing operates in IOS. In Depth Explanation of Cisco IOS and IOS-XE Call Routing 

Response Signature

Hi Roger Kallberg,

Thanks for the reply,

can you suggest some configuration steps or guide to configure the CUCM/VG to mapp DID to internal extension on PRI EI Line( for external/internal calls including the PSTN(. example steps,  inboudn dial peer (service provider), outbound to CUCM and Router Pattern in CUCM & digit manipulation in VG. can you share quick steps to start with. Thanks in advance. 

The document that I shared earlier has most of that information. For anything else there are an ample amount of information on cisco.com. If not already done so I advise you to spend a little time on that page and search or browse through the documentation section where I’m sure you’ll find what you need. Apart from this you can find a wealth of information on the community if you search for it. After doing all of this if you still have questions please let us know the specifics and we’ll do our best to help you out. Just please have in mind that the community is not a place to get a complete example of a configuration, especially not when it involves multiple elements as in your question.

On you specific question, you should look at voice translation rules in the gateway to modify the called and calling numbers to fit your needs in your system landscape.

Response Signature

You dont need to add the NIM T1/E1 on CUCM. As sip trunks are already configured from CUCM pointing  to Voice gateway, on the router you need some SIP dial-peer and voice translation rules(if required). 

The document @Roger Kallberg shared is a good one. You can also find a large number of documents,video on. the internet. 

If you can share more informations about your numbering plans  may be  we can provide you a sample config. 

Response Signature

Hi Nithin Eluvathingal,

Thanks for the suggestion,

can you suggest in a quick way to configure the 8 digit DID range prefix from Service Provide(E1 PRI) in which first 4 will be use as external and last 4 are used in local extension. Can you we make this configuration only on CUCM ( through translation pattern) or we can use VG4451x  & CUCM for internal and external Calls. can you suggest the appropriate method.  . 

PREVIEW

thanks in advance.

Lets assume that your DID block is 24559XXX. You can strip 2455 by using voice translation rules on gateway or From CUCM trunk configuration page set the significant digits 4. By this way you  send the last 4 digits to CUCM.

Configure extensions/Dn's on something in 9XXX range. And you can receive the call..

Response Signature

Hi Nithin Eluvathingal,

Thanks for the support,

in my case, ISP is sending only last 3 digit example 9101 and which is configured in cucm, so i think no transalation needed, We need a dial peerr to process the call from Gateway to CUCM. like below :

dial-peer voice 1 voip
destination-pattern ....$
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:192.168.1.50
incoming called-number .%
dtmf-relay sip-info sip-kpml sip-notify h245-alphanumeric h245-signal rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
no vad

with this i cant receive the call on Extension. 

Yes.

I hope the ISP is not sending 3 if its 9101.

if your dial plan is 9101 instead of destination-pattern ....$ use  destination-pattern 9...$

Also incoming called use specific instead of ".".

Response Signature

Yes Correct, ISP is sending last 4 digit. So i modified the dialpeer accordingly. so what will be incoming specified in my case. 

Also incoming called use specific instead of "."

Thanks in advance. 

If you are using a SIP trunk with your service provider I would recommend you to use the information in the VIA header to match the inbound dial peer. But based on your original post I would think that you use a ISDN circuit for the connection with your service provider, so based on that you need to have a POTS dial peer as the inbound and for that matter outbound calls. You should configure at a minimum four dial peers as per the below list.

• Inbound from your SP
  • Outbound to your SP
  • Inbound from your CM
  • Outbound to your CM

Response Signature

Hi Rogers,

thanks for the support, yes i did the same ,i can receive the call from Service provider on the gateway with last 4 digit which is same  as my extension. the call is not going to CUCM via SIP Trunk. i have post the logs on voice gateway

Aug 10 10:49:03.831: vsacount in free is 0
Aug 10 10:49:03.831: //88/B2B84135803C/SIP/Call/sipSPICallInfo:
The Call Setup Information is:
Call Control Block (CCB) : 0x0x7F2092DB0B18
State of The Call : STATE_DEAD
TCP Sockets Used : NO
Calling Number : 9xxxxx (Mobile number)
Called Number : 5xxx (internal extension#) same 4 digit received from provider
Source IP Address (Sig 172.16.x.x
Destn SIP Req Addr:Port : 172.16.xx.xx:5060
Destn SIP Resp Addr:Port : 172.16.zz.zz:5060
Destination Name : 172.16.zz.zz

VG#
Aug 10 10:49:03.831: //88/B2B84135803C/SIP/Call/sipSPIMediaCallInfo:
Number of Media Streams: 1
Media Stream : 1
Negotiated Codec : No Codec
Negotiated Codec Bytes : 0
Nego. Codec payload : 255 (tx), 255 (rx)
Negotiated Dtmf-relay : 0
Dtmf-relay Payload : 0 (tx), 0 (rx)
Source IP Address (Media): 172.16.x.x
Source IP Port (Media): 8056
Destn IP Address (Media): -
Destn IP Port (Media): 0
Orig Destn IP Address:Port (Media): [ - ]:0

Aug 10 10:49:03.831: //88/B2B84135803C/SIP/Call/sipSPICallInfo:
Disconnect Cause (CC) : 16
Disconnect Cause (SIP) : 200

Configuration

controller E1 0/1/0
framing no-crc4
logging-events detail
pri-group timeslots 1-31

dial-peer voice 1 voip
Description outgoing to CUCM
destination-pattern 5...
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:172.16.xx.xx
incoming called-number .
dtmf-relay sip-info sip-kpml sip-notify h245-alphanumeric h245-signal rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!
!
dial-peer voice 2 pots
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
port 0/1/0:15
!
dial-peer voice 3 pots
description outgoing to PSTN
destination-pattern 9T
!port 0/1/0:15

Thanks in advance.

Please share the output from debug ccsip message and debug voip ccapi inout running in parallel and capture an inbound call.

In general it’s not a good idea to hardcode the codec on a dial peer, it’s better to use a codec list so that there can be a negotiation of what codec to use.

Response Signature

Hi Rogers ,

Thanks for the Support,

i attached the logs for you  output from debug ccsip message and debug voip ccapi inout

Looks like you send multiple invites to your CM, but you never get any response back from it and after multiple retry’s the call fails with this.

DISCONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x0721 
        Cause i = 0x82E600000000 - Recovery on timer expiry 

Make sure that you can communicate between the gateway and the CM and that the SIP trunk that you have configured in CM has the correct IP address of the gateway, otherwise CM will not accept the communication and will drop the traffic as it is coming from an unknown source.

Response Signature