Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording issue between 2 sites

TrickTrick
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

We have 2 sites in each a CUCM and a recording system (third party application)

When testing the recording system with the remote CUCM, it just doesn't work : CUCM1 with Recorder2, or CUCM2 with recorder1. CUCM1 works fine with recorder1 and CUCM2 works fine as well with Recorder2, the problem just happens in between sites.

The cluster has only those 2 Call managers, the connection with recording cluster is done via sip 2 trunks , both are bundled in a single route group

in RTMT I see the alert RecordingCallSetupFail with cause value 1114112, tried to look for that error in the forum didn't really find something useful

security team says that they've open all the needed ports (SIP and RTP)

on my side I see invite packets going out, in the recorder server they're not received (wireshark capture)

another thing is that their's remote sites that work without issue as well, either with CUCM1<=>Recorder1, or CUCM2<=>Recorder2, but never when CUCM1<=>Recorder2 or CUCM2<=>Recorder1, which means firewall sides are okey, unless if their's something specific between DC1 & DC2 (the main sites hosting CUCMs & Recorders)

Between DCs and remote sites their's VPN tunnels (HUB&Spoke between Main DCs and remote sites; Point to point between DC1 and DC2)

Can you enlighten me with any ideas please ?

Thank you in advance

1 Reply 1

TrickTrick
Level 3
Level 3

Any ideas please