cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voice class server-group and sip-options keepalive

AshlynNB312
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring dial-peer targets as a group using voice class server-group.

I am also trying to monitor the status of the targets with the voice class sip-options-keepalive option for all applicable dial peers. When I check the status of the dial peers with sh dial-peer voice summary it shows the keepalive active on only 1 dial peer. Additionally, running the sh voice class sip-options-keepalive command produces similar results - OOD stat shows "none" with exception of one dial-peer (the first configured dial-peer).

I have not been able to find any information about applying the same keepalive profile with multiple dial peers using the same server group and am wondering if there is another way to do this? Do I even need to apply the keepalive to more than one dial peer? 

Just trying to understand how SIP Out-of-Dialog Options work when using it with a server-group and multiple dial peers so I can apply best practice to my configuration. Please advise.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Hi,

I just tried it and got the status of both dialpeers using single options
profile. However, if I apply voice-class sip bind command on the dialpeer
it shows the status of one of them. It seems buggy and you might want to
use different profiles for different dialpeers which isn't practical.

I don't have any binds configured, globally or via dial-peer.

If I configure separate keepalive profiles per dial-peer then, yes, it does allow me to see the keepalive as active in the dial peer summary. As you stated this does not seem practical...especially since the goal was to reduce the configuration items.

mohamedsary15
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

I faced the same issue but as per below document from Cisco. If you have dial-peers with different binding you have to configure it with different profiles  otherwise the first configured DP will always be active.

SIP Out-of-Dialog OPTIONS Ping Group (cisco.com)

"Configuring the same OPTIONS KEEPALIVE profile on two or more dial-peers with different bind interfaces
configured is not supported. This leads to a scenario wherein the OPTIONS SIP message is not sent from all
bind interfaces except the first configured one. But the dial-peer is always marked as ACTIVE. Similarly, it
is also not supported in multi VRF setup"