cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How much is a NED?

khgrant
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I know we have a WIP to GPL-ize NCS & contents and so on.

In the current situation before that, how do we monetize the NED’s? Or should they be “bundled” as part of the overall NCS pricing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

khgrant
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

NEDs are sold for a one-time, fixed price per instance (same as the NCS service license). Current standard price is $40K/NED + ongoing support (20%).  This practice will continue on GPL.  The NEDs must be monetized else there is no mechanism to fund ongoing support, which can be a significant consideration.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

khgrant
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

NEDs are sold for a one-time, fixed price per instance (same as the NCS service license). Current standard price is $40K/NED + ongoing support (20%).  This practice will continue on GPL.  The NEDs must be monetized else there is no mechanism to fund ongoing support, which can be a significant consideration.

khgrant
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Brings up my next two questions:

1- is this per NED type or per NED instance?

2- if we open up devnet to partners, they can freely
access some NEDs, how do we track and  charge them in this case?

khgrant
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Driss - About point two, see inline.

Brings up my next two questions:

1- is this per
NED type or per NED instance?

2- if we open up
devnet to partners, they can freely access some NEDs, how do we track and
charge them in this case?

There are different grades of NEDs. POC and production NEDs. Before partners will be able to download they have to accept the usage terms which are binding. (says they legally commit to only use the NEDs for lab and use case development purposes). Any violation of the rules will result in an immediate partner contract termination.

khgrant
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On point one, it is per NED type.  Only the service license is per instance

khgrant
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think this is the works although I am not sure. We need a strong yet flexible licensing mechanism  ala SL  or otherwise to enforce this! the LOA good faith current state of things does not bubble up the great value this platform is all about!

Can we organize monthly calls for this Cisco audience for updates?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: