Did you mean: 
cancel
cdnadmin
Advisor
Advisor
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Alejandro del Campo on 23-11-2010 10:53:45 AM
Hi,

Is it possible to create extended configuration items with drop down lists, so the values the user can enter are limited?

That would be in the same fashion as the existing base configuration items, such as Locale, Preferred Codec, Call Route Group or Media Resource Group.

Regards,
Alex

Subject: RE: Drop down list for Extended Configuration Items
Replied by: Nabhonil Sinha on 25-11-2010 09:43:46 AM
Hi Alex,

When you want to add a drop down in the configuration. First add a row in the Installer.
1. Provide the name as "MyDropDown"
2. Display Name as "My Drop Down"
3. Default Value as "1" (Assume that you have the drop down and the default value you want to show is 1)
4. Description as "Drop down test"
5. Format as "String" (Just for the time being)

Now on the left hand side on this row you will see an arrow, do a R-Click and choose "Manage Custom Config Items".
A window will open on the "Configuration Items" column click on Add and enter your DropDown name as TestDropDown (this is what we will see as one of the Format)
On the "Configuration Item values" click on Add and add the values like 1 then 2 then 3.
Now Click on Update.

After that in the same row now click on the Format column and you will see that TestDropDown is listed there. Select TestDropDown instead of String as we did it in step 5.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Nabhonil

Hi,

Is it possible to create extended configuration items with drop down lists, so the values the user can enter are limited?

That would be in the same fashion as the existing base configuration items, such as Locale, Preferred Codec, Call Route Group or Media Resource Group.

Regards,
Alex

Subject: RE: Drop down list for Extended Configuration Items
Replied by: Alejandro del Campo on 25-11-2010 04:38:35 PM
Thanks Nabhonil, that worked like a charm.

If it is not documented somewhere, I think it should be. I spent over an hour looking at docs and the forums the other day but to no avail.

Thanks again.
Alex
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links