Did you mean: 
cancel
cdnadmin
Advisor
Advisor
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Chandan Agrawal on 17-08-2010 03:20:18 PM
Hi,

I have a CUAE deployment. I have two applications, both listening for the TimerFire event. But I have noticed that only one of the scripts get fired wheras the second one doesnt. This is consistent. There is no error in the script that runs.
However if I disable the first application in which the timerfire actually gets fired, the timerfire script of the second application does get fired.
I even tried playing around with the trigger parameters but looks like as if two 'TimerFire's cannot exist on a single deployment.
Is there anyway I can have both the timerfire scripts running? Is this a defect or by design?

Thanks,
Chandan

Subject: RE: Two applications with TimerFire
Replied by: abhishek saxena on 18-08-2010 06:42:39 AM
Hi Chandan

Can you make one script with timerfire event and another with gotRequest and use "AddNonTriggerTimer" API in the gotRequest script.

Please check and let me know as i havnt tried but i think it will work..

Regards
ABHISHEK SAXENA

Hi,

I have a CUAE deployment. I have two applications, both listening for the TimerFire event. But I have noticed that only one of the scripts get fired wheras the second one doesnt. This is consistent. There is no error in the script that runs.
However if I disable the first application in which the timerfire actually gets fired, the timerfire script of the second application does get fired.
I even tried playing around with the trigger parameters but looks like as if two 'TimerFire's cannot exist on a single deployment.
Is there anyway I can have both the timerfire scripts running? Is this a defect or by design?

Thanks,
Chandan

Replied by: Rakesh Kumar on 12-09-2010 05:30:18 PM
Hi Chandan,

Can you please attach the appserver traces in verbose mode? This might help in getting to the cause of the two timers not getting triggered.

As of I know, this is not the expected behaviour.

If you can then please attach your application script too.

Regards,
Rakesh.

Hi Chandan

Can you make one script with timerfire event and another with gotRequest and use "AddNonTriggerTimer" API in the gotRequest script.

Regards
ABHISHEK SAXENA

Hi,

Thanks,
Chandan

Replied by: Chandan Agrawal on 15-09-2010 09:55:02 AM
Hi Rakesh,

here are the two applications.

Thanks,

Chandan

Hi Chandan,

Can you please attach the appserver traces in verbose mode? This might help in getting to the cause of the two timers not getting triggered.

As of I know, this is not the expected behaviour.

If you can then please attach your application script too.

Regards,
Rakesh.

Hi Chandan

Regards
ABHISHEK SAXENA

Hi,

Thanks,
Chandan

Replied by: Nabhonil Sinha on 15-09-2010 01:01:44 PM
Hi Chandan,

Based on the API reference guide, a timer based application can only be triggered using AddTriggerTimer or AddNonTriggerTimer actions
http://developer.cisco.com/static/cuae/8.0/8.0.1/Designer/Metreos.Providers.TimerFacility.TimerFire.html

Thanks
Nabhonil
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links