cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

arbitrary AXL SOAP requests from and to Excel tables

Szombatfalvi Hunor
Spotlight
Spotlight

I made a thing and I thought that maybe I can share the thing: https://github.com/sz-hunor/cucm_soap

It's a script to send arbitrary AXL requests based on data in an Excel file, one request per row.

The idea is that the bat tool can be cumbersome sometimes but it's still one of the most flexible pre-built ways to make bulk changes, while on the other hand AXL requests can be constructed quite fast however bulk changes using this method are mostly done with one-off scripts specific to the change.

This script is meant to be the best of both worlds, the ease of working with large data sets provided by Excel coupled with a generic AXL delivery system.

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for sharing, this looks really interesting
Indeed, I've always found BAT to be very quirky and limited, and while writing Python to do things comes naturally, as you say there's a lot of boilerplate for what ends up being a one-off script...interested to play with this solution.
It would be a great submission to the DevNet Code Exchange - probably just need to add a license (see the tips in the 'Submit Project' section).