Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Number Axl - CUCM 8.6

pinheiro85
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to list the Directory Number that are not associated with any device.

Then choose a Directory Number that is free and associate to a user.

Someone can tell me what AXL Soup methods can I use to do these operations? I am using the tool CUCM 8.6.

Thanks,

Rui

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The query searches for the directory numbers in numplan, where the mapping to a device (devicenumplanmap) doesn't have any entry for a device (it is unassigned) and is not being used by anyone.  There's no AXL API for this, so you need to use a SQL query like the one above.

The AXL method addLine will let you add a new number and set the alerting name. 

In CUCM, go to Application->Plugins, then click Find and download the Cisco AXL Toolkit.  Unzip it, and import the WSDL file into SoapUI (it's free - download from SoapUI - The Home of Functional Testing ).  That's the best way (in my opinion) to experiment and learn how to use AXL. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe this should get you a list of unassigned DNs.  This is for 10.5, but it should work for 8.6, too, if you just use the SQL statement in an 8.6 request.  If it doesn't work for you, let us know.

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/10.5">

<soapenv:Header/>

<soapenv:Body>

<ns:executeSQLQuery sequence="">

<sql>select n.dnorpattern from numplan n left outer join devicenumplanmap m on m.fkdevice = n.pkid where m.fkdevice is null and n.tkpatternusage = 2</sql>

</ns:executeSQLQuery>

</soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

Thank you Nicholas for the reply.

Can you explain what the query does? I do not know DB data model.

There are AXL methods already available to do this operation?

If i need to add a new extension or change the alerting name, what is the axl method I can use?

Thanks,

Rui

The query searches for the directory numbers in numplan, where the mapping to a device (devicenumplanmap) doesn't have any entry for a device (it is unassigned) and is not being used by anyone.  There's no AXL API for this, so you need to use a SQL query like the one above.

The AXL method addLine will let you add a new number and set the alerting name. 

In CUCM, go to Application->Plugins, then click Find and download the Cisco AXL Toolkit.  Unzip it, and import the WSDL file into SoapUI (it's free - download from SoapUI - The Home of Functional Testing ).  That's the best way (in my opinion) to experiment and learn how to use AXL. 

Great reply.

It's what i need to know.

One more question. Do you know a website with a description of the methods that exist and with queries already made, that is, with material to support those who are beginning to develop?

Thank you,

Rui Pinheiro

I don't know of anything besides the AXL docs found here: Cisco AXL

The documentation pretty much only shows you the XML schema (and some other information), which helps, but doesn't tell you what SQL query will be executed for any given AXL API method.

This page: Cisco AXL has links to some tutorials on how to use AXL with Java and PHP and a few other docs.  I'm working on updating the Java tutorial, and a new AXL document is in the works by our technical writers, although it doesn't provide much more information than what's there.  It simply updates existing information and makes some things more clear.  I'm also working on creating a "how to" for Python and AXL, but it's going to be a while before I finish. Jock Reed is the expert Python programmer on our staff -- I'm just doing it so I can learn more about Python and how to use it with WDSLs.

The 'Data Dictionary' document available on the AXL dev center contains a listing and (short) descriptions of the tables/fields in the CUCM database, as well as some illustrations of inter-table relationships for many of the important entities (users/phones/etc.)

However, to a great extent deciphering the CUCM database and its workings and using it for your own ends is a bit of an art...we can help you with hints and suggestions here as you run across specific problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: