cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update Location query on CUCM 8.6

manjaria
Level 1
Level 1

I want to update Audio bandwidth of all the locations for a cluster.

When I try to update bandwidth for a single location e.g.    update location set location.kbits=160 where location.name='Test_Location_B'  it works fine.

However, if I run update location set location.kbits=160  it returns:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Body><soapenv:Fault><faultcode>soapenv:Client</faultcode><faultstring>The standard locations should not be deleted and the configration for the standard location should not be modified other than RSVP policy configurations.</faultstring><detail><axlError><axlcode>950</axlcode><axlmessage>The standard locations should not be deleted and the configration for the standard location should not be modified other than RSVP policy configurations.</axlmessage><request>executeSQLUpdate</request></axlError></detail></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

1. Does it happen because of fkmatrix?

2. How can to update audio bandwidth with SQL for all the Locations? Any workarounds?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The error message tells you that you can't change the bandwidth of the standard locations, which include Hub_None, Shadow, and Phantom.  I don't recall if the limitation is on two or all three of these standard locations. I think it's just Phantom and Shadow that you can't modify. 

You can avoid the problem by structuring your SQL query to update all locations where location.name is not Phantom and not Shadow (and possibly not Hub_None).  That way it will update all the locations except the ones that shouldn't be changed.

(You're also not allowed to delete any of these three locations.)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The error message tells you that you can't change the bandwidth of the standard locations, which include Hub_None, Shadow, and Phantom.  I don't recall if the limitation is on two or all three of these standard locations. I think it's just Phantom and Shadow that you can't modify. 

You can avoid the problem by structuring your SQL query to update all locations where location.name is not Phantom and not Shadow (and possibly not Hub_None).  That way it will update all the locations except the ones that shouldn't be changed.

(You're also not allowed to delete any of these three locations.)

Yes. That was the issue, removing 3 default locations worked. Just to confirm, Hub_None also needs to be excluded. Thanks Nicholas. :-)

The location table appears to include 3 'built-in' locations that are used as system defaults.  The settings for these default system locations are not modifiable from the admin UI, adn it looks like the database is trying to enforce the same thing. 

If you modify the SQL to exclude these 3 locations, you may have better luck, something like:

update location set kbits=160 where name not in ("Phantom","Shadow","Hub_None")

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: