cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't access ISE 2.6 web gui admin(error: This Connection is Invalid)

Hi, i have ISE 2.6 working good, no problems for a long time, authentication working etc. I'm not access web gui often, maybe 1 time a week. But yesterday when i try to login to web gui i get this error: (i change my local data to "xxxxxxx")

This Connection is Invalid
A secure connection to 10.x.x.x cannot be established.
Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

Site:10.x.x.x
Certificate CN:*.xxx.xxx
Certificate Authority:Sectigo RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA
Certificate Validity:Not Before: May 13 00:00:00 2019 GMT
Not After: May 12 23:59:59 2020 GMT
Certificate Chain:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MIIF6jCxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's not a web-browser error of a certificate, it's an answer from ISE. I was able to login to ssh normally.

Can someone help me with this? how can i login to web gui now or reset this error?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

no, this is not a web browser problem but you somehow lead me to solution. It's a fortigate firewall between me and ISE and fortigate have a certificate inspection, so it's fortigate give this error and blocks connection. Thanks for your time!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

maybe incompatibility with web browser supported TLS versions. can you try to access this from firefox with enabling old TLS method support 

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

no, this is not a web browser problem but you somehow lead me to solution. It's a fortigate firewall between me and ISE and fortigate have a certificate inspection, so it's fortigate give this error and blocks connection. Thanks for your time!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: