Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 3.2 - Guest Portal authentication failed reason

Hello, I'm struggling to find a way to indicate to registered guest users why their authentication fails at login. For example, the guest account may have expired; however the only error message displayed is 'Authentication failed'. Other reasons may be incorrect typed username/password or if you have AD setup it could be due to the user not being present in AD, etc. 

I can see the failure reasons in the operational logs, is there any way to include the failure reason with the 'Authentication failed' message on the portal? I know the text of 'Authentication failed' is configurable under the error messages of the portal customisation but I'd like it to be more dynamic in displaying the reason for failure.

See attached image of the default authentication failed with no detail.

2 Replies 2

MaErre21325
Level 1
Level 1

Did you try to reset password and login again?

It seems credential issue...

Hello, I already know the reason for failure as I can check this in the operations logs. The point I'm trying to make is the end user isn't given any information why their login attempt has failed, they just get 'Authentication failed'. I'm looking for a way to include more detail so the end user understands why they're unable to log in.