Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Guest Portal not loading on android phones only

Hi All,

We have WLC9800 and Cisco ISE 3.3 . We have setup Guest WIFI with CWA on ISE. there is DACL(on ISE) and REDIRECT ACL(One WLC and ISE) has on been configured. All work perfectly for Windows and Iphone users. But for android user, the redirect works, portal has been prompt, but the web page cant load. Of course on the page it says NAME_NOT_RESOLVED, which indicate DNS resolution problem, but it works on Iphone and Windows. Guest Network has only one VLAN, and the DACL is allowed to query DNS and access to ISE Portal.

If we manually open browser on android, clear cache and type HTTP url, ISE Guest Portal can be successfully loaded. 

Is this something to Android, or WLC/ISE ?

5 Replies 5

Pulkit Mittal
Level 1
Level 1

I thought I saw something similar with WLC9800 and issues with Android. Give it a read and see if this is similar to your case.

Android users not getting redirected to ISE captive portal - Cisco Community

If you find this useful, please mark it helpful.

Pulkit Mittal
Level 1
Level 1

Also, Your DNS server should be capable of resolving the following since Android captive portal in most of the versions try to reach out to the them :

clients3.google.com
connectivitycheck.gstatic.com
connectivitycheck.android.com

DNS are working. As mentioned thing works fine, once we clear browser cache, and access any HTTP url manually, Guest portal successfully load. 

can I see the cert of ISE (portal)

I think you missing something or it is wrong 

MHM

It looks like a browser behaviour issue on Android devices. Does that happen on all Android devices? maybe you can try to download a different browser and set it to be the default one and see if that makes any difference.