Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE VM Authentication Issue

ptlbhavo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have ISE 2.4 installed on VM for Network Users authentication. We have created the policies for Radio Network Device and Provision Server. When the radio privilege users trying to access network device with correct credentials, it is denying access because it is not pointing to right Authorization Policy.. See below Radius Log Message Output.

Authentication Policy Default >> Default
Authorization Policy Default >> Basic_Authenticated_Access
Authorization Result DenyAccess

Can anyone in the community had similar problem? Need help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Change the device type from All device type to All device type#Microwave radio#Aviation eclipes radius in network device.

As the policy sets is not matching the precise condition All device type#Microwave radio#Aviation eclipes radius which is meant for Avit eclipes radio access policy set, its hitting the default policy set.

Thanks Aravind

-Aravind

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

It would help to share a screen shot of the Policy Set (Authentication as well as Authorization) and then also the final details pane of the Steps that ISE took.  ISE is pretty clear in most cases why something failed.

Hi,

Here's how my network is.. My PC is connected to Router and also Radio device and ISE VM installed on the server is connected to the same router.

As requested I have shared my screen shots high lighting the problem area.

The problem here we are facing is.. On Device Setting page when we select all device type, it takes the default policy settings which you should see in my Radius screen shot report attached.

I send to My Cisco ISE Make a Policy Set Screen Shot in below.

Authorization PolicyAuthorization PolicySequence of Policy Set for Radius AuthenticationSequence of Policy Set for Radius AuthenticationNetwork DevicesNetwork DevicesRadius Log Report DetailsRadius Log Report Details

Policy.Physical PC (Server)Physical PC (Server)

Actually, I make Policy in Sequential(Round-Robin) Order to follow Rules but It will be Directly to Authenticated Default one..

Thanks,

Bhavin

Hi,

Here's how my network is.. My PC is connected to Router and also Radio device and ISE VM installed on the server is connected to the same router.

As requested I have shared my screen shots high lighting the problem area.

The problem here we are facing is.. On Device Setting page when we select all device type, it takes the default policy settings which you should see in my Radius screen shot report attached.

I send to My Cisco ISE Make a Policy Set Screen Shot in below.

Authorization PolicyAuthorization PolicySequence of Policy Set for Radius AuthenticationSequence of Policy Set for Radius AuthenticationNetwork DevicesNetwork DevicesRadius Log Report DetailsRadius Log Report Details

Policy.Physical PC (Server)Physical PC (Server)

Actually, I make Policy in Sequential(Round-Robin) Order to follow Rules but It will be Directly to Authenticated Default one..

Thanks,

Bhavin

Hi,

Change the device type from All device type to All device type#Microwave radio#Aviation eclipes radius in network device.

As the policy sets is not matching the precise condition All device type#Microwave radio#Aviation eclipes radius which is meant for Avit eclipes radio access policy set, its hitting the default policy set.

Thanks Aravind

-Aravind