cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.2 Patch 12

Bobby_M
Level 1
Level 1

I was just wondering if there are any issues with Patch 12 for ISE 2.2. After patch 11, I'm a bit weary just pushing out patch 12. Does anyone have any useful insight on the matter?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So this isn't a perfect way but can sometimes highlight any potential issues, I always run it by the bug toolkit but there are two problems with this.  If the bug is not public facing then we wont see it, or, if no one has reported the bug when a patch is brand new. Add this to reviewing the release notes for any other open caveats and you are usually ok.

In some cases we run a parallel deployment in customer environments for the sole purpose of testing patches and upgrades, still doesn't catch everything.  

Seeing as it was released back on Nov 19th, it shouldn't blow up the entire deployment but your mileage might vary. 

p12.JPG

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So this isn't a perfect way but can sometimes highlight any potential issues, I always run it by the bug toolkit but there are two problems with this.  If the bug is not public facing then we wont see it, or, if no one has reported the bug when a patch is brand new. Add this to reviewing the release notes for any other open caveats and you are usually ok.

In some cases we run a parallel deployment in customer environments for the sole purpose of testing patches and upgrades, still doesn't catch everything.  

Seeing as it was released back on Nov 19th, it shouldn't blow up the entire deployment but your mileage might vary. 

p12.JPG

Thanks for all the info Damien. I have done this already but like you said, it doesn't catch everything. There were also no useful discussions on patch 12 so I figured I would start one. Thanks though and Ill look over the bugs again.

packetplumber9
Level 1
Level 1

Went live with it this week, no major issues so far.  It restored the broken system summary dashboard widget so we're no longer flying blind in regards to environment health since patch 10.  Reports are starting to show data again which also broke after patch 10 install.  I also checked the bug tracker before install and only saw some minor sev bugs so went ahead with it and so far, so good. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: