Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 and IOS XE 16.12.x compatibility for Cat 9600

mortenbu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I am trying to determine the level of compatibility of ISE 2.4 with IOS XE 16.12.2 on the Catalyst 9600 platform, and I am getting conflicting answers from documentation.  The ISE 2.4 Network Component Compatibility doc indicates that ISE 2.4 is compatible with 16.12.1 for the Catalyst 9600, however the Catalyst 9600 Release Notes for IOS XE 16.12.x and IOS XE 17.1.x indicate that 16.12.2 is only compatible with ISE 2.6.

Are there any reasons that these particular platforms and code versions would not integrate?  Is there any documentation that I can reference that will provide confidence that an upgrade to ISE 2.6 is not necessary to rollout the Cat 9600 with 16.2.2 code?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Never catched this info :-)
I have customers running ISE2.4 with 16.12.2 code for 802.1x and tacacs, and this is working fine.
I don't see why the release 2.6 would be mandatory except for a specific feature or bug. I believe we see ise 2.6 because this is the official recommended version but nothing to do with technical incompatibility.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Never catched this info :-)
I have customers running ISE2.4 with 16.12.2 code for 802.1x and tacacs, and this is working fine.
I don't see why the release 2.6 would be mandatory except for a specific feature or bug. I believe we see ise 2.6 because this is the official recommended version but nothing to do with technical incompatibility.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would suggest you to check Cisco SD-Access 1.3.x Hardware and Software Compatibility Matrix, which suggesting IOS XE 16.12.2t for C9600.

The info in the ISE compatibility matrix is what tested by the FCS time of the particular ISE release.