cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE backup in Cloud Solarwind(NCM)

mateenahmada98
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for some reference guide to see if we can take Cisco ISE back up on cloud based solarwind, I can see NCM module of solarwind is used for taking backup of network devices.

Can we use SCP option of NCM module to take the ISE configuration backup and restore?

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Never tried using SolarWinds to backup ISE - have you asked SolarWinds (no that i am aware that works?)- did they confirmed they support ISE backup ?

Cisco allows you to create and delete repositories through the Admin portal. You can create these types of repositories:

• DISK
  • FTP
  • SFTP
  • NFS
  • CD-ROM
  • HTTP
  • HTTPS

you can use below steps to backup ISE to remote location :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/215355-how-to-take-configuration-and-operation.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@mateenahmada98 I don't believe that will work, NCM would login to the remote device and pull. ISE performs a backuo and then pushes the backup configuration to an repository (i.e. SCP). 

You could configure an SCP server on the SolarWinds servers and configure ISE to push the backups there, as per the guide already provided.

I agree with @Rob Ingram, I don't think that will work however (never tried myself) it seems to be possible using APIs:

Cisco ISE API Framework - Cisco Identity Services Engine API v1 - Cisco DevNet

Also, please note that not all the repository protocols are supported when it comes to ISE backup as you can see in table 1 in this doc:

Cisco Identity Services Engine Administrator Guide, Release 3.1 - Maintain and Monitor [Cisco Identity Services Engine] - Cisco