Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE guest portal with Ubiquiti UniFi Wireless LAN controller

Alex Hwang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a question around compatibility between UniFi Wireless LAN controllers/WAPs and ISE guest portal.

I believe UniFi controller should understand and use RADIUS vendor-specific attributes below to redirect wireless guest clients to the ISE guest web portal for authentication.

Access Type = ACCESS_ACCEPT

cisco-av-pair = url-redirect-acl=<ACL Name>

cisco-av-pair = url-redirect=<URL>

I am not sure if the 3rd party product (Ubiquiti UniFi controller) support it. Can someone please advise?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ubiquiti and ISE support is covered in the community post Cisco ISE and Support for Ubiquiti UniFi SHD (UAP) which has a link to UniFi - Guest Network, Guest Portal, and Hotspot System but that does not appear to have any details about redirection with a third party RADIUS server (ISE).

The bottom line is that ISE supports the use of any vendors' RADIUS vendor-specific attributes (VSAs) so you'll need to contact Ubiquiti support to find out if they have any for URL redirection. Even @katmcnam's exhaustive list of RADIUS dictionaries (VSAs) does not list Ubiquiti.

Ubiquiti must have something since their own Hotspot Portal has a URL that users must be redirected to for their portal:
https://<ip-or-hostname-of-controller>:8443/manage/hotspot/account/login/

When you find them, you can Create a custom ISE Network Access Device Profile with these attributes.

I saw your post on Ubiquiti's community (Integration of UnFi WLAN and Cisco ISE for Guest portal) and you'll want to ask about which RADIUS attribute to use for URL redirection.

When you find out how they do it, do please let us know!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ubiquiti and ISE support is covered in the community post Cisco ISE and Support for Ubiquiti UniFi SHD (UAP) which has a link to UniFi - Guest Network, Guest Portal, and Hotspot System but that does not appear to have any details about redirection with a third party RADIUS server (ISE).

The bottom line is that ISE supports the use of any vendors' RADIUS vendor-specific attributes (VSAs) so you'll need to contact Ubiquiti support to find out if they have any for URL redirection. Even @katmcnam's exhaustive list of RADIUS dictionaries (VSAs) does not list Ubiquiti.

Ubiquiti must have something since their own Hotspot Portal has a URL that users must be redirected to for their portal:
https://<ip-or-hostname-of-controller>:8443/manage/hotspot/account/login/

When you find them, you can Create a custom ISE Network Access Device Profile with these attributes.

I saw your post on Ubiquiti's community (Integration of UnFi WLAN and Cisco ISE for Guest portal) and you'll want to ask about which RADIUS attribute to use for URL redirection.

When you find out how they do it, do please let us know!

Hello Alex Hwang,

Did you manage to find a way to solve this? I am currently about to configure the same, and I wonder whether your findings would help.
Thank you.