Views
Helpful
Replies

Login password field under user identities is disabled in ISE

bravo010
Level 1
Level 1

capture.png

I have installed ISE v3.0.0 on VMWare workstation with recommended hardware resources. Everything is fine except the one issue where i cannot enter the password for user identities. The login password field is disabled (grayish) and i cant enter text in that box. I have attached snapshot here for better illustration also. Any help will be highly appreciated

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @bravo010,

Although I agree with @ahollifield, I don't think that is the reason for this behavior. I've seen this recently on my Lab ISE which is deployed on ESXi hypervisor. I've noticed this on my ISE v3.2 and Firefox browser.

From Firefox, I found simple workaround - I change password type from Internal Users to something else, and then back to Internal Users, and it works again. From Chrome I don't have this issue. So please try this, and try multiple browsers.

Kind regards,

Milos

View solution in original post

bravo010
Level 1
Level 1

It resolved after reloading VM.

Thank you all for your input

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @bravo010,

Although I agree with @ahollifield, I don't think that is the reason for this behavior. I've seen this recently on my Lab ISE which is deployed on ESXi hypervisor. I've noticed this on my ISE v3.2 and Firefox browser.

From Firefox, I found simple workaround - I change password type from Internal Users to something else, and then back to Internal Users, and it works again. From Chrome I don't have this issue. So please try this, and try multiple browsers.

Kind regards,

Milos

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No screenshot attached. Use the Insert Photos option to add images inline.

image.png

VMWare Workstation is not the issue here. On ESXi, I recently built an ISE 3.2 p3 from scratch, and I hit the same issue as @bravo010 mentioned. It's been there ever since I can remember, and it happens only with the Firebox browser. My workaround is to use Chrome. But I do bump into this from time to time. 

bravo010
Level 1
Level 1

It resolved after reloading VM.

Thank you all for your input