cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support Information button in place of link?

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a customer that is using a hotspot portal as a message for blacklist devices.  It basically tells them that their device has been blacklisted and to call support at xxx-xxx-xxxx to fix the issue.  The reason we are using the hotspot as a message and not the blacklist portal is because the blacklist portal does NOT give the option to include a link to the support information.

This link is helpful for when the user calls support as it contains the MAC address, IP Address, etc of said device.

My question is this:  Can we convert the Support Information link to a button?  A button would make is easier to 'activate' on a mobile device.

Thank you for your help.

Charles Moreton

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is what I did to customize the Hotspot Portal for use as a Blacklist Message:

Duplicate the default Hotspot Portal and give it a meaningful name (in this case Blacklist Message Hotspot)

Require an AUP (No no require an Access Code)

Settings1.PNG

I went to the Portal Page Customization and changed the Banner Title, Browser Page Title, Content Title, and Instructional Text

Settings2.PNG

I then moved to the Optional Content 2 box, clicked the HTML/Text toggle button (outlined below) and pasted in the button code.

Settings3.PNG

In the above screenshot, this script hides the AUP text and Accept/Decline Buttons:

<script>

(function(){

jQuery('.cisco-ise-aup-text').hide();

jQuery('.cisco-ise-aup-controls').hide();

setTimeout(function(){ jQuery('#portal-session-timeout-popup-screen, #portal-session-timeout-popup-popup, #portal-session-timeout-popup').remove(); }, 100);

})();

</script>

and this creates the Support Information Button:

<a class="ui-link" href="#" id="ui_login_support_info" onclick="$('#support_info').submit();"><button>Contact Support</button></a>

Remember to toggle the HTML/Text button back to text for this to work.  This is how the Optional Content 2 box will look when you do

Settings4.PNG

The mobile view is perfect.  I have tested this on iOS and Android Devices

Settings5.PNG

The Desktop browser view does show the link at the bottom of the page, but still serves the purpose nicely.

Settings6.PNG

Then create an Authorization Profile with a Web Redirection to this new Hotspot Portal.

Lastly, Crate an Authorization Rule using the Blacklist Endpoint Identity Group with the AuthZ Profile above as the Permissions.

Thanks again, jakunst

Charles Moreton

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is what I did to customize the Hotspot Portal for use as a Blacklist Message:

Duplicate the default Hotspot Portal and give it a meaningful name (in this case Blacklist Message Hotspot)

Require an AUP (No no require an Access Code)

Settings1.PNG

I went to the Portal Page Customization and changed the Banner Title, Browser Page Title, Content Title, and Instructional Text

Settings2.PNG

I then moved to the Optional Content 2 box, clicked the HTML/Text toggle button (outlined below) and pasted in the button code.

Settings3.PNG

In the above screenshot, this script hides the AUP text and Accept/Decline Buttons:

<script>

(function(){

setTimeout(function(){ jQuery('#portal-session-timeout-popup-screen, #portal-session-timeout-popup-popup, #portal-session-timeout-popup').remove(); }, 100);

})();

</script>

and this creates the Support Information Button:

<a class="ui-link" href="#" id="ui_login_support_info" onclick="$('#support_info').submit();"><button>Contact Support</button></a>

Remember to toggle the HTML/Text button back to text for this to work.  This is how the Optional Content 2 box will look when you do

Settings4.PNG

The mobile view is perfect.  I have tested this on iOS and Android Devices

Settings5.PNG

The Desktop browser view does show the link at the bottom of the page, but still serves the purpose nicely.

Settings6.PNG

Then create an Authorization Profile with a Web Redirection to this new Hotspot Portal.

Lastly, Crate an Authorization Rule using the Blacklist Endpoint Identity Group with the AuthZ Profile above as the Permissions.

Thanks again, jakunst

Charles Moreton

I was able to use the script to change the Support Button into a link to an external page as well, here is the code for anyone that would like to use it

<a class="ui-link" href="http://www.cisco.com" id="Remediate" onclick="jQuery('http://www.cisco.com').submit();"><button>Clean this machine</button></a>

I would also recommend replacing any $ with jQuery

Developers said that it performs and works better

Hi,

First of all, thank you for this excellent post.

I just wanted to contribute with an issue I found on ISE 2.1 patch 1 in regards to this. It took me a while to figure this out, so I thought I might save someone else's time

Apparently, if you clear the Contact Information text box on the page customisation settings, the form named #support_info will not be generated by ISE, and as such the support button will not pop up the support page.

withcontactinfo_box.png

we see that the footer is populated

withcontactinfo.png

but without contact info

withoutcontactinfo_box.png

the div footer is not populated with the form.

withoutcontactinfo.png

So, if you're thinking about doing some advanced customisation and you don't know why the support page stopped working, take a look at the contact text box.

Hope this helps someone...

Gustavo Novais

Replace the text with 5 spaces.

Yes, that was the workaround I used. Even with one space only it worked.

Sorry if it wasn't clear on my post.

G

I am running ISE 2.4 and the script mentioned below does not seem to be hiding AUP text, Accept and Decline buttons:

<script>

(function(){

})();

Can you tell me if there is an updated script that runs with ISE 2.4 and latest patch.

Please ignore my previous post. The solution is working, It just took some time to do rendering. 

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With this, I ran into an issue that the endpoint gets the auth success page on the 2nd and subsequent access of this portal. It seems better to skip AUP altogether and to customize the auth success page instead.

Not sure how that works, won't the device be put into the endpoint group associated with that portal then?

It might be due to CSCux99204 present in the setup I am testing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: