cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot remove configuration from ports on CBS350-24FP-4G os 3.0.0.69

janelle.provine
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CBS350-24FP-4G os 3.0.0.69 I can add configuration fine but I cannot removed configuration at all it just give me this error. Doesn't matter what I try to remove or the syntax I use to remove it it won't remove it. I even used the tab and everything as it is listed in the help and nothing works

interface GigabitEthernet19
spanning-tree portfast
spanning-tree bpduguard enable
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk native vlan 4
switchport trunk allowed vlan 3-4
!
(config)#interface GigabitEthernet19
(config-if)#no switchport trunk native vlan 4
% Wrong number of parameters or invalid range, size or characters entered

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

janelle.provine
Level 1
Level 1

I ended up finding my own solution, no switchport trunk instead of no switchport trunk native vlan 4. this was indicating a syntax error % Wrong number of parameters or invalid range, size or characters entered

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

most of the time vlan 1 default native vlan

switchport trunk native vlan 1

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I am not sure what you are trying to say it won't remove anything it wouldn't  remove it if was vlan 9 , 22  etc. It will not let me remove any configuration from any port it will only let me add

what i was suggesting here is you looking to remove native vlan 4 right ?

instead :

config t

interface GigabitEthernet19

switchport trunk native vlan 1 (this will replace 4 with 1) - by default vlan 1 is native

that was suggestion,

what username are you using, is that local user or any radius ?

BB

No that is not what I am suggesting, I specifically said  can't remove anything from the configuration. I will repeat

"won't remove anything it wouldn't  remove it if was vlan 9 , 22  etc. It will not let me remove any configuration from any port it will only let me add" 

The clip I gave is an example with the error

what username are you using, is that local user or any radius ?

Try reload the device and test it.

BB

The switch is not in production yet and I logged in no issues there is no radius and no permissions issues , I reloaded it reset i. Have you seen this issue before I am on here cause I have already tried all the basics

You have tried enough   - not that we see any user having this issue.

i do not have any more suggestions to offer...gave up

2 options -

1. when you get chance reload and test it still not working (you mentioned you tried already)

2. if you have support contact SMB TAC

BB

MichaelMcCoy
Level 1
Level 1

I haven't been able to identify why this might be causing you an issue, I'm thinking it could be a bug.  Make sure your device is as updated as you can.  

In the mean time, the following commands may help you with this specific port

From the global configuration enter the following command and see if it helps:

Switch(config)#default interface GigabitEthernet19

Please remember to mark this as a solution if it helps you solved the issue.  Thank you.

Hello,

unfortunately, these small business switches have a few flaws. They also do not run a full featured, but rather a stripped down IOS version. Commands like 'default interface' are not available as far as I recall. Did you try a factory reset of the entire switch ?

janelle.provine
Level 1
Level 1

I ended up finding my own solution, no switchport trunk instead of no switchport trunk native vlan 4. this was indicating a syntax error % Wrong number of parameters or invalid range, size or characters entered

Nice Find!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: