Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Configuration Professional and Monitor Controller

andre.ortega
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I am trying monitor bandwidth usage in Cisco Configuration Professional but I am getting this message "Collector Service for monitoring is not installed. Install collector service from Monitor > Traffic Monitor > Monitor Controller".

How I can install this data collector service??

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andre,

I'm not sure what you mean by "packet installation". Once I entered a drive letter (c:
) and clicked on the install button the program downloaded/installed the data collector app on its own. Did you watch the screen play from the link that I included in my original reply? It works just like they what they show on the screen.

Spencer

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

spencer6321
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a Windows 7 desktop so I don't know if this applies to XP or not.  The only place that I could get it to install was at the root level of a drive, and you need to put a double backslash c:\\ or e:\\.  I couldn't get anything else to work.  Cisco has a screen play of this at the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_professional/scrcst/Traffic_Monitoring/trafficmonitoring_pub.swf

Good Luck

Hi,

I use Win7 too.

But my question is where I can find Data Collector for download?

Andre,

It downloads once you enter a drive letter (c:
) and click on the install button, at least that's the way it worked for me.

Spencer

Ok this is the way to install. But I dont have the packet installation yet.

Where I can download this packet (data collector)? Do you have the link for download?

Thanks.

Andre,

I'm not sure what you mean by "packet installation". Once I entered a drive letter (c:
) and clicked on the install button the program downloaded/installed the data collector app on its own. Did you watch the screen play from the link that I included in my original reply? It works just like they what they show on the screen.

Spencer

Thanks spencer.

I was think necessary make the download before indicate driver for installation.

Now I understood and work here.

I was running around in the same circle for a while also.

jakub.bialek
Level 1
Level 1

For me it installed with no problem. I have followed the CISCO screen play. The only thing I cannot get is to display traffic volume. It always says that the data is not available for the persiod selected .... Strange because I have done everything exactly as in the movie...Any help?

Thanks!