cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Performing an in-line upgrade of prime infrastructure manager 3.1 (PIM)

darin.marais
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Cisco community,

We are in the process of upgrading Cisco prime infrastructure manager from 3.1 to 3.5.

One of the steps in the document https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-5/quickstart/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_5_0_Quick_Start_Guide.html#task_1070867 articulates that there should be no backup files in the default local repository.

Step 9

Ensure the local repository (defaultRepo) contains no backup files

Does this mean that all backup file should be deleted from this repository?
Is there some valid reason for this?

Best regards
Darin

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- That's because of space requirements for the upgrade distribution (file). You can always  move backup files to a remote repository.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

- Logon as admin via ssh  and : delete disk:/defaultRepo/filename

If there are many files it can probably done through a root enable shell ; 1) logon as admin via ssh 2) shell 3) issue sudo -s 3) cd /localdisk/defaultRepo 4) /bin/rm *

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- That's because of space requirements for the upgrade distribution (file). You can always  move backup files to a remote repository.

M.

Thank you,
I am happy to delete them as we have repositories where our backups are saved,
please can you provide the syntax of the command that I would use to delete all of the files in that directory?

- Logon as admin via ssh  and : delete disk:/defaultRepo/filename

If there are many files it can probably done through a root enable shell ; 1) logon as admin via ssh 2) shell 3) issue sudo -s 3) cd /localdisk/defaultRepo 4) /bin/rm *

M.