Views
Helpful
Replies

Request for Assistance: Configuring IP Addresses and Resolving "Unreac

finley
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community, 

I am currently working on a project that involves configuring IP addresses and implementing static IP routing. Unfortunately, I have encountered an issue where I am unable to establish connectivity, as the ping command consistently returns "unreachable."

To provide you with more details and facilitate assistance, I have attached a zip file containing the project files, along with a document outlining the instructions I have followed. Please note that there are no specific instructions for IP addresses assigned to other end devices, and DHCP has not been discussed in the provided instructions.

I have also attempted to implement MD5 hash, but I am uncertain whether it has been done correctly.

Your expertise in helping me troubleshoot and rectify this issue would be greatly appreciated. Kindly review the attached files and let me know if you require any additional information.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Note: Using Cico Packet Tracer Student

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

mw

Hello,

static routing in your topology is a bad choice, since you have redundant paths. I added OSPF, I also corrected the IP addressing, resulting in full connectivity. File attached...

Hello! I'm unable to open the file because it's not compatible with my version. We're mandated to use Cisco Packet Tracer Student version 6.1. Additionally, could we exclusively use static routing? That's the only routing method covered in our discussion.

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@finley 

if the configs don't have static routing then you have to add it, also all clients should be under DHCP as per doc reference. Also peer with your classmates, that is the way that probably you will all learn more.

33. TEST IF INTERCONNECTION OF PUP BRANCHES WORKS.
** IP CONFIGURATION OF PC1, PC2, PC3, PC4, PC6, PC7, PC8, PC9, PC10,
PC11, PC12, Laptop0, Laptop3 must be DHCP*

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

Our prof advised against using DHCP and suggested relying on static routing. I've already entered the IP addresses for the other end devices, but they're unable to ping each other.

Hello,

use the static routes below. Also, make sure that all your PCs and laptops are configured correctly with the appropriate IP addresses/subnet masks and default gateways:

EnriquezGayamo-Taguig

ip route 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.1.1
ip route 192.168.20.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.2.1

EnriquezGayamo-Binan

ip route 192.168.30.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.2
ip route 192.168.30.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.1.2

EnriquezGayamo-StaMesa

ip route 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.1
ip route 192.168.30.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.2.2