Views
Helpful
Replies

Roomkit Pro Codec doesnt support Webinterface or SSH connection

m.preschke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have two Room Kit Pro systems and a Crestron Control Unit. All in the same network connected via switch with DHCP. I had both systems on static IPs and everything worked fine. I could configure the system via webinterface and control per SSH connection. Whe I switched to DHCP, connected them to the company network and rebooted the systems, one system wasn't reachable anymore. The other one still was. Now, without changing anything, the second one is gone as well. Both systems are running fine controlled by the touch display, but it's not possible to reach the webinterface or establish a SSH conection. Not even if I take them out of the network and directly connect them to my PC (running a DHCP server). Ping works.

Has anyone an idea what the problem might be?  

1 Reply 1

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The RoomKits have the option to enable CDP.  If this in enabled, it will attempt to join a voice vlan instead of the data vlan when using DHCP.  It is on by default.  If it is on, then you may not be able to connect if you laptop is on the data vlan, depending upon what your network administrator has allowed.

Response Signature
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.