Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMPv3 on Cisco 2960-48TT-L Switches with Cisco Prime

Arash Emami
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have added some old cisco switches like 2960-48TT-L to our prime. Now, I am encountering a problem when attempting to activate SNMPv3 for Prime. Typically, I create a group and user configuration as follows:

snmp-server group [group-name] v3 priv write [view] access [access-list]

snmp-server user [username] [group] v3 auth sha [password] priv aes 256 [password]

However, when I apply this configuration to the switches and try to sync them with Prime, SNMP doesn't work as expected. I attempted to troubleshoot the issue by removing certain components. I discovered that the SNMP view was not functioning on these models, so I removed it. Following that, I removed the privacy. This allowed synchronization to occur temporarily, but after a few minutes, it failed again. As a final attempt, I changed the authentication method to use MD5. This allowed synchronization to start, but Prime is now showing a "partial configuration failed" message.

The version of prime that we have is 3.8 and the image on the switches is 12.2(55)SE12.

Does anybody has a solution for that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello!

I would upgrade the switches first - try the version 15.0.2. (I know the one you have is the recommended one) I have the same switches with PI 3.10 and they work fine. Does the issue occur on all switches? Have you tried removing the ACL also? Do you have a firewall inbetween? 

Also try snmpwalk from another machine. 

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello!

I would upgrade the switches first - try the version 15.0.2. (I know the one you have is the recommended one) I have the same switches with PI 3.10 and they work fine. Does the issue occur on all switches? Have you tried removing the ACL also? Do you have a firewall inbetween? 

Also try snmpwalk from another machine. 

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

Hello Daniel,

thank you for your response, next week we will try to update update the prime infrastructure and also the switch. I will let you know if it works.

Best Regards,

Arash

I accepted your solution by mistake and I don't know how to reverse the post back. By the I will try to upgrade them next week and hopefully it works fine.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I have a seen various posts concerning buggy snmpv3 support in Cisco Prime , in the past ; you may need to fall back to v2c

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi Marce,

because there is no security on the v2c. I prefer not to activate it in all hardware at all. I will try the update first. Maybe it works.